This morning I graduated 25 youth from Babysitting Basics. It was a bittersweet moment. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the time to pack up my car and head back to Ames is approaching a little faster than I had expected, maybe it means my warm summer days are coming to an end, or it could have something to do with completing my summer with Extension! Most likely it has something to do with all three! I have learned so much from my time with Washington, Iowa, and Johnson County. The kids have really made my summer full of fun and laughter. I have one week left of camps- stay tuned for next week’s Fitness and Health Camp recap. 🙂
But, this summer has not been all Picking Wild Flowers (see what I did there!? instead of roses?? haha); there is always a MESS involved with Summer Day Camps!! If only you could imagine… blue frosting on noses and hands, cookie crumbs all over the floor, and just wait for it… gold fish smashed into the sidewalk. :O!!
So here I go with 7 very cute but messy snack ideas.
1. Fish Bowls: Crackers, Blue Frosting, and Gold Fish
2. Individual Dirt Cups: Pudding, Oreos, and Worms
3. Grape Trees: Grapes and Pretzels
4. Zucchini Bites: Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes Baked in Coconut Oil and Parmesan Cheese
5. Homemade Chex Mix: Pretzels, M&Ms, Goldfish, Cereal
6. “Feed Mix:” Cheerios, Pretzels, M&Ms, and Rasins
7. Vegetable Test Tasting: Make it Interesting by Adding a Few Unique Veggies
Your kids will love all of these great summer or Back to SCHOOL snack ideas. Introducing foods in a unique way is a great option for adding variety into your child’s meals. Comment below or like my blog by following me. Let me know if you would like to see more posts like this one.
Have a great weekend! Until next time!