Training for a 1/2 Marathon!

WOW it is HOT!! This weekend a bunch of girls and I went camping. Mind you we had this on the calendar a month in advance! The first night we stuck it out and slept in the 90 degree weather. On Saturday we went on a float trip down the Skunk River. Seven cheery and excited ladies started the journey while seven tired and burnt ladies left the float haha. Needless to say we did not spend a second night. Next time we will be camping in the fall, but memories sure do last a lifetime.

It has been miserable running weather, but Megan and I have decided to train for a half marathon and we need all of you to help us stay motivated. I have decided what better time than the present to compete?

half marathon

Above is the training schedule. Ideally I would like to be ready by early spring. We have completed week 1. Week two is a maintenance week but it will be a very good opportunity for my muscles to recover. I have never ran more than 6 miles and I am feeling a little nervous.

13465951_10208855966710163_1853687159322440585_n

My daily routine has morphed to accommodate my training schedule. I am realizing that I have to make running a major priority if I plan to run 13 miles. Both my eating and mental habits need to improve.

I am working to live an 80/20 lifestyle. Eating healthy 80% of the time and splurging the other 20%. It is all about training my mind and body to have self control.

12729400_10204711999834590_7615692465908487172_n

Eating healthy doesn’t have to be a chore. This week we made a shrimp and fruit salad with a lemon dressing. The salad was a recipe that I found on “Iowa Girl Eats.”

13716054_10209142207105994_1049920645680020862_n

The next day I used the left over ingredients to make a simple salad with shrimp and avocados.

Stay tuned for updates on all things Farm, Faith, Fitness, and Food related!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s